Full Service Moving & Delivery Business

Location: Canada -> British Columbia -> Kelowna
Industry: Business Services > Other Services

Businesses for sale Summary

This well established business is the premier moving and furniture appliance delivery company in the Okanagan Valley of British Columbia. This business is especially successful because it has established delivery contracts that keeps this business operating throughout the year. That also keeps the current staff happy and steadily employed.

Formed in 1997 by the current owners, the business is operated out of a half-acre security fenced storage facility and compound located right behind Canadian Tire, in the heart of one of the busiest commercial areas of Kelowna. The compound offers plenty of equipment parking and low rental cost. Part of the compound is also sub-let for extra income. Office work is conducted out of the owner’s home for low overhead and can continue to be operated as a home based operation from most anywhere in Kelowna.

Approximately 30% of the annual income is derived from household moving, 68% from deliveries, and 2% from storage. Approximately 74% of the annual income is derived from the Okanagan area, with the remaining 26% coming from distance hauling in BC and Alberta.

The purchase price includes office furniture and a computer with all the software for work orders and billing. The purchase price also includes two new cube cans, storage containers, a moving trailer and all the moving equipment, boxes, dollies, heavy duty blankets, etc. necessary to continue and operate the business profitably and efficiently.

Specific industry experience is not required and the current owner will provide full operational training. Current employees are trained to operate the cube vans for local deliveries without supervision. For full information on this outstanding opportunity, contact us today!


Asking Price Range:  $250K – $500K
Gross Revenues:   $506,000
Cash Flow:   $104,000
Cash Flow Type:  Sellers Discretionary Cash
Inventory:  $66,000
Seller Financing:  No

About The Business

Year Established:  1999
Number of Employees:  4 – 5
Relocatable:  Yes
Franchise:  No
Current Real Estate:  Leased
Property:  Property For Not Applicable

About The Sale

Management Training and Support:  Seller will provide full operational training!
Reason For Selling:  Retirement.